Monday, July 7, 2008

How I chanced upon these people

Sometimes...I wonder how life would be had I not met these people...if not anything else, my blog would be still crying for its maiden comment ;) (well...I know I can torture these people to read as well as comment on my posts :P)

Loco:
I had heard a lot about Loco from Bharat (they were room mates). I knew that Loco was desperately tryign to lose weight- went jogging in KBR Park every morning, had only an orange or an apple for dinner, did not touch oily food and was very senti ;). Infact, I knew a lot about him and yet did not know him. I had been trying to get hold of someone to accompany me to KBR...finally I decided to break the ice, got Loco's id from Bharat and pinged him:

Kiran: am goin to KBR park tom morning!
actually wanted to go today itself!
but couldnt!
tom sure!
me: me too wil join
pls...dont say no
Kiran: ok if u insist!
me: :O
dont show off!!

Such cheek! Its straight out of my chat history Loco, let me know if I should furnish proof ;).

************************************************************************************
Bharat:

I was supposed to join Oracle, in July 2004. To be brutally honest - I was not "friends" with any of my college mates who were coming there. I happened to meet Abhishek one afternoon in June, and conversation veered to the people about to join Oracle from KREC. I voiced my apprehensions about how scared i was of going there all alone - nobody I knew; when he piped in: oh, you can be friends with Bharat, he is a cool guy :D.
On 26th July we were huddled in the cafeteria waiting for the HR to initiate joining formalities. I was sitting with a group of girls from BITS Pilani (2 of them were later my flat mates for 3 years, 1 amongst those 2 taught Bharat how to solve Crosswords) and a casual introduction was going round.Bharat said...oh I know you - Abhishek said you would be joining from Mesra. I still remember looking at Bharat and thinking - he is so tiny, how can he have finished college ;). The next day onwards we were group mates in all the lab exercises and....

************************************************************************************
Dhar:

On a Saturday evening in november 2006 I call up Abhishek. An unfamiliar voice answers - Hey Abhishek is writing a practice GMAT test, please can you call him later? I am stunned - something his mom has not been able to make him do for 6.5 years (since he left home), this guy has accomplished in a month ;). He just has his way with Abhishek (as long as his way is not against me/mine - I am happy). We will work in tandem to get the best outta Abhishek ;).

************************************************************************************

5 comments:

AB said...

poco's description is apt but i wonder who can teach gandhi abt crosswords... rather be the other way round :D.. As for dhar, well our college prezi sure is a motivator ;) ;)

-Abhishek

Rits said...

Well...he tried to learn the tricks of the trade from Anu. He later told me that he knew all about it, but was quizzing her to get a feel of how much she knew... (was it how much she knew about crosswords or something else???? :-ss)

Loco said...

abe haraam khor ANS.. what is apt about my description!! saale....

Anyway i agree with ANS, whether someone can teach Gandhi on crosswords!! he is already a punter!!
but yea, i do remember gandhi having a crush on a gal who gave him some tips on solving crosswords!

gandhi said...

Put me in between loco and dhar and calling me tiny...that's understandable.. :)
can't stomach this line.."1 amongst those 2 taught Bharat"...
and loco's allegations abt crush and stuff are absolutely baseless...

Trinaa said...

behna..u can count on me to comment too... :))