Thursday, July 17, 2008

The small things in life

The cool air, the scented breeze, the motley buds on gulmohur trees, the bees humming on fragrant flowers, the chirping of birds, the squeaking of squirrels, the chattering of kids, the bantering of girls on the brink of puberty, the ruckus of young guys.......yes, I was amidst all of this and yet, so far away.......

My mind was out craving for the "big" gifts of life - a mansion, people at my beck and call, me sitting by the pool surrounded by lush greenery sipping watermelon juice, staring at eternity...no worries of the present - away from the mundane affairs. I stretch this moment - just me and the moment, nothing else.

When will this heart stop craving? When will this heart stop eating away the life in me? When will the grass on the other side appear as green as the blades on my side? I do not have an answer....

1 comment:

gandhi said...

The small things which make the difference..
the oregano seasoning on the pizza..
the chocolate sauce in the frappe...
the bread crumbs in the soup??..